What do you eat after dance to refuel?
I asked a friend of mine, Britt Barrett of Daily Ayurveda, an Ayurvedic Wellness Counselor, Writer, and Speaker. Britt said, “I think my stuffed dates are the perfect workout recovery because they are grounding, nourishing, and really great for building muscle.“
And, they are absolutely delicious!
Coconut Cardamom Stuffed Dates – (recipe for 20 dates)
- Medjool Dates (10)
- Coconut Butter (sometimes it’s called “coconut manna” NOT coconut OIL… You can find it at your natural foods store) (1/2 cup)
- Unsweetened shredded coconut (1 cup)
- Ghee (1 tablespoon)
- Lime (1)
- Cardamom Powder (1 teaspoon)
- Cinnamon (1/2 teaspoon)
- Himalayan Pink Salt (a pinch)
- On low heat- Warm up 1/2 cup of coconut butter with1 tablespoon of ghee. Only warm until soft. Just needs to warm up enough to melt… then let it cool to room temp in a separate bowl
- Squeeze the lime juice into a separate bowl and strain pulp/seeds if there are any.
- Add the cardamom, cinnamon, salt, and lime
- Dry toast about a half cup of unsweetened coconut shreds on medium heat until golden brown (this happens fast, so keep a close eye!) Then remove from heat and put in a separate bowl so they don’t continue to cook.
- Open dates and remove pits- split in half with your fingers and make little boats.
- Slowly add the coconut shreds to the coconut butter mixture until you have reached desired firm “stuffable” consistency.
- Stuff the mixture into the date boats and sprinkle with a bit of cinnamon if desired.
- Pop um in the fridge for a few minutes to harden
- Eat and share! Great item to bring to a potluck!