Have you ever felt disconnected from your body?
Here’s a quick and easy way to stay grounded and connected to your body. The exercise comes from Bo Eason, the pro football player turned public speaking coach. It’s an exercise that involves only your bare feet and a smooth rock. It’s also a great way to prepare for dance.
- Take off your shoes and put a smooth stone on the floor. Place one foot on that stone.
- Lean into the rock and feel its sensation. There may be some discomfort on the sole of your foot. That’s the spot you’re trying to find. Breathe deeply.
- After a moment, take your foot off and place it on the floor. Really feel the ground beneath your foot and let the foot open up.
- Go deep, feeling your roots growing deep within the earth. Feel the security of your foot on the ground.
- Repeat with the other foot.
Try it out and let me know in the comments section below how it was for you, and please share with someone who could use a little grounding.